Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wed. Morning update

Emma's xray is unchanged again. They said she got a leak in the ET tube they had put in and that is what probably caused her not to improve. The reinserted the tube and she should do well now. Fingers crossed. I dont know if I touched on that or not but maybe my sister did. An ET tube is a little diffrent than a trach tube. It looks more like a clear straw and has a cuff inside of it that seals around the inside of her stoma (hole where trach goes) so that air can not leak out. They have her weaned almost completely off some of her medicines now which is good. The fewer the better. They gave her some lasix which helped her pee. I am not sure why she is not peeing good for them this trip but she isn't. The lasix just makes it where she won't reatain water. By the way for those of you who are interested in these medicines or conditions I mention I have found that www.google.com is a great place to look them up as well as the other search engine www.ask.com I have to use them every time I talk to the hospital so I can check the way a drug works or the side effects.

I am going to try to get up to see Emma today but it all depends on my friends who are supposed to take me. I have a ride set up through our insurance but the earliest they can pick me up is Friday morning, and then I can set up rides there after with them.

On a lighter note Derek has back to school night tomorrow night. Wish him luck, he is nervous about school.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com