Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Update

Well Emma is doing about the same. They havent read her latest xray yet but yesterday's showed slight improvement. They stopped the dopamine drip, since her blood pressure has stablized. Yesterday the steroids were making her blood sugar all wacky so they have her on some insulin for that.
I did find out her redness the other day was from them giving her her vancamiocin (spelling!??) too fast and that is probably also what caused her breathing spells she had too, with the desats. Apparently she is very allergic to it, especially when given to fast. The redness is called "Red Man's syndrome" which isnt politically correct I guess but that is what it is called.
I am trying to get up to see her but things today are crazy at home, its payday, school is starting and my husband has to work but I am for sure going back up tomorrow. I hate being away but I know its for the best really because they are wanting her to stay calm and quite and have her in a dark room to try to keep her calm and able to get well.
Thanks for all the prayers. Oh they put her into a bigger PICU room 2 nights ago too, the other was too small for all the equipment she needs.

4 comments:

Amy Ritchie said...

I am so sorry to hear that Emma is not feeling well. She will be specifically in my prayers today - and you to mommy. It's not easy to have to be away from your little girl when she is sick. I know. I am at a loss for words because there sometimes is never the perfect thing to say. You have been very supportive of my family in these difficult months and I want to be the same for you.
I am here if you need to vent any feelings though I know your time is limited.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Lori and Emma,
Sorry to hear about Little Miss Emma, I was worried about her on Thursday, as she hadn't had that many problems at therapy before. I hope that she continues to improve and they find the right medicines to help her. thank you for posting and keeping us updated. My prayers go out to you all.

Nanny said...

Love to Emma---Love Nanny and Poppy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, I'm praying for the sweet baby to get better quickly.

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com