Monday, August 07, 2006

Sick baby


We have a sick girl at our house. I have not mentioned here yet this weekend because I was hoping I was overreacting. But looks like Emma has a cold, I just got over a cold too, tried to stay away from her but someone has to take care of her! She had a small fever last night so I am watching her carefully. She has been really gunky in her chest and we are having to suction her trach quite a bit. She had to have oxygen for about 20 or 30 mins 2 times yesterday. Not very much oxygen but some and that is not the norm for her. Anyway she is supposed to have her evaluation for speech therapy tomorrow but if she keeps the fever I am calling them and keeping her home. I don't want to make her worse or make kids there sick. I am hoping it will all be over with in the next day or two so she can atleast go to Physical Therapy on Thursday, since she missed last week she really needs to go. But better safe than sorry. I am just so afraid to get other kids out at JD McCarty sick. Those children are all so strong but they shouldn't have to deal with a cold because of Emma. She is resting in her bed right now and seems to be doing a little better. I will keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I just spoke to Steve and he is bringing Emma's knee blocks to your house Wednesday afternoon. I guess he's had to order several different parts and custom make them, but they should be ready :)

Anonymous said...

Lori, I sure hope Emma's cold is uneventful and goes away quickly! And I hope you are feeling better too!

Anonymous said...

I hope Emma's cold is all better tomorrow! It better be, I'm spending the night and don't want to see my baby sick :( I love you Emma! See you tomorrow!

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com