Friday, August 18, 2006

I saw my baby today!! Friday night update


I FINALLY got to go up and see Emma today. She is doing much better but is still very sick. She has a long way to go to get home. She is no longer on the medicine that paralyzes her. She is only on versed and fentanyl to keep her sedated, insulin because her blood sugar is still wacky, and her anitbiotic meropenum. She got taken off the Norepi for her blood pressure today, as it was finally stablized. She has gained 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs) since going in due to all the fluid retention, they dont have her on any iv type fluid, just her milk. They had to give her more lasix today to make her go pee pee for them and get rid of some of the fluid.

She was on her tummy all day yesterday and despite the nurses best effort to keep her out of her own spit, she got a very raw spot on her face. It looks like a carpet burn, there are 2 actually one the size of a quarter the other a dime. I know though that the position helped her lungs a lot so I guess its worth the sore face. They really felt bad about it and said they changed her bedding a dozen times yesterday so I guess they did their best.

They moved her AGAIN last night to another ICU room not sure why but this one is bigger and nicer. I read her some nursery rhymes and got lots of kisses today. She had her hair in a ponytail on the top of her head, pink and green socks with flowers on them, and a really sweet blanket on when I got there. I think they dolled her up for mommy. Anyway that is the just of today's visit, I am not sharing every detail because they are my special memories, only shared by Mommy and Emma, but I am glad I got to share a little with you. Thanks for the prayers and support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Emma's health is improving! What a trooper! Going to send her a card to say how proud I am of her, and happy I am for her. Yay, Emma!

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to visit Emma and that things are improving :)

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com