Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sick Sick Girl

Ok I am home for a bit, so I thought I would update you. She is still sedated, and they also gave her a medicine to paralyze her so she would stop fighting the new vent and to keep her from breathing over it at all. Her xray was worse this morning. Her cultures grew something called Serratia Marcesscens, so they are now able to treat her with the correct antibiotics.

She had a very scary spell right before I came home, so I was stuck there for several more hours. She desatted into the low 80's and then kept going to 68, they were able to bag her and keep her in the low 80s while trying to gigure out what was going on. They did a chest xray to check for a collapsed lung but that was ok, they used sodium bicarb to suction her with, no luck with any plug. It was scary when the resp. person said "get a doctor RIGHT now!" So they did a scope on her and did a deep cleaning of her lungs while down there. She was just full of gunk normal suctioning wouldnt get out. I called when I got home and she is satting 100 at 40% oxygen. They will be doing a blood gas any min and if its ok they will crank the oxygen down. Thank God my friend Lori was there with me, she was a nervous wreck but I handle it fairly well. Now I am a wreck but I will be ok with a little time and some sleep.

Anyway that is a quick update, they are trying to wean some oxygen and vent settings, will do another xray in the morning. More breating treatments and antiboitics. They think her next xray will look better.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for sweet Emma. Oh, the poor little thing,what she must be going through. Stay strong, guys, I know it is tough.

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com