Friday, August 04, 2006

Emma's friends


From time to time I am going to start sharing about some of Emma's dear friends. She isnt friends with a lot of children but she is friends with some amazing adults who have her best interest at heart. Today I want to share with everyone Emma's friend and physical therapist Amy. I know she reads this so now I get my chance to make her blush. But I also have to let the world know how amazing she is. Amy works at the JD McCarty center in Norman OK. She is very good with Emma, she is very gentle but she can get tough with Emma if need be. Its people like her that really give Emma all the courage and strength to do things. She always seems happy to see Emma, and even gives her a few cuddles here and there (you cant fool me Amy I see you cuddling her!) She is very good at her job, probably the best therapist I have seen. If something is giving Emma problems she tries to fix it. Emma is very difficult when it comes to making splints and finding theapies that work for her but Amy has never given up. Most people would have told me long ago she is a lost cause but not Amy. She ordered a neck brace which we HOPE works but not sure it will, she really brain stormed on what to do about that little neck that always stays turned to the right. She also worked on foot splints even though she had never made them in the exact way Emma needed them (she is opposite from most people who needs splints). In Emma's life I have come across so many people that just give up and think I should give up too but not Amy she is very supportive of the things we try to do for and with Emma. THANKS AMY!! Take a bow. You are truly a good friend to Emma and our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy for taking such good care of my niece!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lori and Emma for the post. You are both very special to me and I brag about you all the time to the other therapists here at how lucky I am to be your therapist! Thanks again!

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com