Friday, October 17, 2008



Today was a busy day for Emma. A really nice man named Gary and our physical therapist Amy came to fit Emma for her leg braces. They put a temp. cast like thing on her and cut them, it will make the mold they need to get her all set up. It will keep her legs straight, will have a bar in the middle to keep her from turning them out, and also a pad on the knee area to help her stretch at the knee. She only has to wear it when she is in bed. It will be a few weeks before we have it.

After they left Emma went with Mommy and Ella to CVS and the Dollar store. Now, that seems like a minor thing to most but I am just now getting comfortable with taking her out into crowds. I take lots of hand cleaner with me and usually ask people not to touch all over her. What kind of person touches a stranger anyway!?

She used to catch a cold and it always sent her to the hospital. Now she seems to do better so I am easing up. When cold and flu hits we won't be leaving the house like that! I am bolting the door shut and spraying everyone with lysol before I let them in. HA HA. Ok seriously, I was so worried about her being healthy we didn't venture out much. Until a very wise and beautiful person told me "Get her out let her live life, trust me you would rather have a few years of happy life then a long life stuck at home" My best friend told me that, right after son passed away. She made me promise to get Emma out more to enjoy life. Its not like we had her locked in the house or anything, but we didn't do shopping much and avoided crowded houses at holidays that kind of thing. She wasn't a total shut in, but now I make a point of doing simple things like shop with her, I even took pics of her shopping a while back. Silly and fun stuff.

After a short nap it was tv watching time and book reading time, dinner and then ready for bed time. She is sleeping well now. Something I should be doing. So goodnight for now folks. Prayers going out to all of those we have promised to pray for, you know who you are! Goodnight.

2 comments:

Melissa Dovel said...

Not sure where I found your site I linked from a link kind of thing. Anyway I know the name of your blog got my attention cause we have an Emma too! I have just spent a few minutes going back through your blog.
BC (before children) I worked as an HR dir. for a skilled ped. nursing home. in IL. So just at a glance your sweet Emma caught my eye. I think there are so many (to many) people who dont understand life with disability. For that they are missing out on some wonderful works of the Lord. As I would do orentation (at the nursing home). I would tell them there will be 50% of you who dont make it through the week of training. It was always that way. I would encourage them as well to only be there if thats where their heart was. I basically did not mean to post a huge long letter just wanted to say hi and intro. myself! Ill be checking in tell Ella and Emma I say happy belated birthday.

Blessings
Melissa

Roberta and Merrill said...

I have missed checking in and it has been so good to catch up. I am so happy you have listened to your friend :o)Merrill and I have personally taken grief from different sources for letting our children be just that, children first. None of us know when we will get to meet our Lord Jesus face to face, so lets live this gift called life and live it to the fullest. You are a wonderful mom.

Hugs to you,
Roberta

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com