Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy 7th birthday in Heaven Daniel



Well, today our special friend Homer is turning 7 years old in Heaven. I wanted to write a very special blog about it, but for some reason my mind is in a haze, and I can't the words to come out right. We all miss him so much. I beg of all our readers to please pray for his family today. I can't even imagine the unbearable sadness they are going to feel today, missing him so much.

I know that his real birthday was the day he got to Heaven. He was in a sense reborn there, with no health problems. He doesn't need his trach, or his mickey button. I like to think he is eating a big cake today and for the very first time he will be able to eat it with his mouth, something he could never do here. He is free from pain, and his body no longer holds him back. This should be a happy birthday, yet in my heart all I can thinking of is his family and how nothing right now can heal the pain they feel.

I still don't understand some times how God could call home such a sweet and precious boy when all the evil people of the world stay here. I often find myself questioning why he took him home. I remember "In the Lord, put your trust." - Psalms 11:1 and really try to trust in God's plan. Its hard sometimes. I must trust that in the grand scheme of it all God has a plan for their family. I think God's plan for little Daniel was to let him touch the hearts of many, to teach the world patience, love and compassion. He taught me that being different doesn't mean you are that "different" we all want to be loved in this world. He showed me just because he and Emma have Cerebral Palsy doesn't make it the end of the world. That little boy packed a lot of life in his few years here. He brought our families together. For that I will forever be grateful.

Happy Birthday Daniel, we miss you.

1 comments:

Roberta and Merrill said...

Onced again, touched beyond measure by your blog. I see Daniel running with my boys, happy carefree and whole.

Roberta

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com