Friday, October 03, 2008

New pets






Just wanted to introduce you to our family's new pets. Lucy and Ethel. They are praying mantids. Yes, a praying mantis eats other bugs, and yes we have been hunting them bugs. Luckily our apartment's big green trash can provides more than enough flies, and there are tons of moths and butterflies around not to mention beatles and the occasional spider outside.

We have had them about a week or two. They are nice to watch. Ethel is a little on the mean side and likes to try to flap her wings at me or escape when I toss in her food. Lucy likes to hang from her stick in her cage.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

Praying Mantis' are great! I think they are fascinating creatures. Have fun with them.

Julie

 The Morris Family said...

Emma on the couch!!!! Way to go Girl!!! She really looks so sweet and like a young lady, I know your so grateful for all the casts work. Wow, I never thought of a praying mantis for a pet, I won't tell our children, I do not like crawly things!!! Invitation is still open....I wish you could have had a turn guessing, yep frog legs!! Jaynee is so fun, I love her!! Blessings to your family.
Cindy
Tell all the children hi and Emma!!

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com