Sunday, October 26, 2008

Emma's first trip to church


Today Emma went to church for the very first time. Shocking I know. Most people figure our family already did the whole church thing. But in reality life got in the way or I got lazy or worried about germs or something and none of my kids have ever been until now. Its nice to feel that connection again, I really enjoyed myself is been too long since I have been to church too.

Ella went to her class they learned about Daniel praying faithfully to God. She brought a pic home of Daniel she colored with a green face, it was cute. A few other art things came home too. Derek said they learned about all kinds of stuff and he seemed pretty happy.

Emma went to big people church with me. She LOVED it. I sat her in my lap for most of it until she got too hot on my chest and then back in her chair she went. They have a great band, and Emma was rockin'. I helped her clap her hands and she stayed awake for all but about 10 mins of it. I was great.

Its Generations church. The one we all went to the little carnival at a while back. Its right up the street from my house. 5 mins maybe walking distance. Its a diffrent church than I am used to. I always went to a pretty strict Baptist church growing up. This one is more modern, they have a band and words to the songs on the screen. You don't have to hold your bible and flip pages the whole time, because they put verses up on the big tv screen too. The minister is a young family man and seems very down to earth and friendly.

Everyone was so nice to Emma. Trying to make her feel included in things. Many people said Hi and called her by name (she had a name tag) and ducked down to her wheelchair level to talk to her. Lots of comments on her curly hair and long eyelashes.

They have diffrent groups that meet through out the week. I am going to try to go to he women's group on Tue since Darren is off that night. They are also having a Halloween Fun Fest that we plan on going to on Friday.

So busy day, early start and a tired but very spirtually happy family today. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

1 comments:

Amy Ritchie said...

how exciting. I hope that you can continue to go. My kids love to go to church and even at their your ages they are learning so much. And, Mommy needs the encouragement too :)

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com