Monday, July 10, 2006

Quick Update, not much new



Not too much new to update just waiting to see the neurologist on July 20th to hopefully get Emma some medicine for her spasms she has. She isn't as jumpy as she used to be, but she has good days and bads regarding that. For those of you who have not seen her have a spasm she jumps about 4 or 5 quick times and that is it. Sometimes she does it a few times in a row. I have been told they are not seizures, but am confused since she is on seizure medicine but the doctor says she is not considered a seizure patient. So we will see. I hope to get her off the medicine she is on now and on something that will help more with spasms.

Many of you have asked me where Emma go her pretty name. Well, her daddy's grandmother was named Emma Garvene. So we borrowed Emma from her, she is an angel in heaven now. We used to want the name to be Emma Jane, Jane being after my grandmother who passed away when I was 7. However, when I was pregnant with Emma and Ella, Darren's other grandma passed away. Her name was Wanda Louise and I really wanted to use the Louise. Turns out Emma and Louise are both German in origin so maybe that is why it sounds so good together. I love the meanings too. Emma means Universal, all embracing and Louise means warrior maiden. In a way I am glad we went with Louise, since Emma is my little warrior. She is such a strong little girl. I am very proud of her and I love to brag as you can tell.

I will update again when there is more info to share. Thanks everyone for taking the time to share in Emma's life.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com