Monday, March 02, 2009

Tolerance, Acceptance, and Love

As you may have noticed a while back I changed the theme of Emma's page. I put a header
at the top that says "Emma's Story, one girls journey to teach the world: tolerance, acceptance,
and love. I even had business cards made up for her with that on it and her blog and email info
I like to pass them out to people we meet so they can learn more about my sweetie girl.

If anyone wants some cards to share with your friends, I have tons, just drop me an email with
your mailing address to the email address on the left of my page and I can send you a few!

So you might wonder what I mean about teaching the world tolerance, acceptance and love.
When Emma was first born, I wondered why she had to be so different. I never cried about it
or worried, I just wondered why. Then I realized God put her on this earth for a reason. To
be loved and to love. To teach others that being different is OK.

I think if Emma could talk, she would want to teach these things. Maybe I am just hoping
she would, maybe they are more my hopes, but we have talked about it, and I do think she
agrees, as much as a little 4 year old could possibly understand about it all.


She wants to teach tolerance. Tolerance to those who are diffrent than you are. Be it the
color of their skin, their ability to walk or talk, the country they are from. She wants
people to learn that you have to be tolerant of those who are a bit slower than you, or that
talk differently. To understand you need some patience when you are in a hurry at the store
but manage to get behind a wheelchair bound person that is going slow in the aisle you need
to be down.

She wants to teach acceptance. For people to accept her for who she is, faults and all.
Because its those "faults" that make her perfect. Accept that she is just another girl
looking to be loved, and that even if she is in a chair with tubes poking out her she is still
the same as you. Accept that.

Love. Well of course she wants to teach Love. Love is what makes the world a happy place to
be. Weather it be the love of a friend, a mother, a grandma, or just someone who reads her blog.
She just wants to be loved. She wants to love too. The greatest Love ever felt, is the love
between someone and God. Emma knows that love, and she will teach it to everyone, maybe not
in words or with her actions. But I truly believe anyone that knows Emma will feel a little
part of God, because he sent her here to do good on this earth. She is evidence there is a God
and that miracles happen every day. She is a blessing, not only to me as her Mother but
anyone she touches in her lifetime.

So anyway, sorry to get all long winded and sentimental, but I really thought I would
explain what all that header meant. Hope everyone gets something beautiful out of it, but
if you take anything at all from this post, just take that everyone deserves love and
acceptance for who they are, and deep inside we are all t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAKEYs WAKEYs

Loves Emmas to!!

Huggers.

Mumbles (mommy typed)

Anonymous said...

Kind of worried with the long gap in updates and not seeing or hearing from you.

Hope everything is okay.

Laura

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com