Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19, 2009

Our beautiful friend JayeBear has pointed out it has been a while since an update. So I thought I better put one up. I know she can't be the only one wondering what is going on in the life of Emma and our family.

It has been a few days. Last week Mommy ended up in the ER. Yes, I was terribly sick with the stomach flu which I got from Ella, who got it from Derek, who got it from his new school. Had to call Nanny and Poppy to take me when I threw up non stop for 3 hours. Actually non stop! Got an iv and some Zofran and felt icky for a few days but am much better now.

Ella is at Mimi's spending the night so yesterday Derek, Mommy and Emma took advantage of the 80 plus degree weather and went to fly a kite, and play basketball and soccer. We tried to tie the kite to Emma's wheelchair and run really fast, but it didn't work. We got a bum kite I think, it kept pulling to the right and crashing.

Then last night, Derek threw up! Wondering if the cycle of all being sick is starting again, I sure hope not. He seems fine this morning and even wants to go shopping so I am wondering if he just ate something that didn't do his stomach good or if the heat just got to him yesterday. We have found he is pretty good at soccer and basketball. We played HORSE on the basketball court, and he got all the way to R before I got lucky and won.

Prayers please for our friend Emma Mae, I won't get into too much detail but her family is going through a rough patch right now. We call her little Emma, she is younger than our Big Emma. She has Spina Bifida. She is beautiful and funny and has the cutest little cheeks you ever did see. Anyway her family could use some prayers that a situation they have found themselves in works out.

That's our update, we hope everyone reading is well and has a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAKEYs WAKEYs

That my names!

Yippies new words!!

Goes aways ickies sickies. No likes ickies sickies. I talkies to Gods. All betters.

I gots new words to.

Loves.

Huggers.

Mumbles (mommy typed)

 The Morris Family said...

Oh..wow!!! hope everyone is better now!! Did you see my new post?whats your excuse now???:) That would be neat if you all could come!! As always thanks for being so faithful to our family. Isn't Samuel Lockwood sweet!?!?
Cindy

Anonymous said...

WAKEYs WAKEYs

Emma mommy all betters?

I still looks Emma crocs, they silly.

Loves you writes on my care bear page to.

Huggers.

Mumbles (mommy typed)

GranthamLynn said...

I bet you had fun with the bum kite anyway! Thanks for coming over and reminding me to come by for a visit. I have been so busy and have had computer problems and not getting to get much visiting done myself. I read all your latest posts. I know Violet loved the cake. You know I am a sucker for dogs! I loved your explanation of tolerance, etc. I had to tell you that I was so blessed. You must know that God is using you guys and you are such a blessing to me. You are an expression of Love. Thanks for sharing and thanks again for coming to see me.
Blessings,
Sherry

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com