Sunday, March 08, 2009

March 8, 2009




Not much to update on, but figure some of our readers would appreciate a short update. We are just hanging out enjoying our new home, and unpacking. Yes, still unpacking, I don't think I will ever be done.

Emma is doing great, I think her favorite past time lately has been watching tv. It keeps her content while I unpack boxes, but I think I have created a monster! She sure was yelling at the nascar race today, every time they mentioned Carl Edwards, who I think is her favorite driver. She probably gets the yelling at nascar from me, I was cheering pretty loud toward the end for Jeff Gordon to win, (Yes I cheered for him today!) but he got second place. As soon as allergy season passes, I look forward to getting her outside some during the day.

Last week while Derek was in school, Mommy and Daddy took both girls out to lunch and shopping at the dollar tree store. It was fun. Emma talked to the waitress and a few people made a fuss over how cute she was. They fussed over Ella too, but she turned on her "shy switch" and wouldn't talk to anyone. We went to the hardware store and saw a huge dog that belonged to one of the workers. It was a German Shepard, the biggest I have ever seen, his feet were huge. He was so very gentle and calm. He let Ella and me pet on him and he sniffed at Emma's feet but didn't try to bother her much. Emma liked the doggie I think. I know Ella did, she talked about "Kota" for hours.

I finally got around to hanging up Emma's cross collection in her room, so I have attached some pictures to this post. They are all special. I actually think my favorite one is the little one made of sticks and white string. It is from sticks I got at the Oklahoma City National Memorial, from the Survivor tree. Don't worry, I didn't break the tree, they were twigs from under it on the ground! The tree survived the Oklahoma City bombing, while everything around it was blown to pieces. I think its a good one for Emma, because she is a survivor too!

I got the book "The Love Dare" from the movie "Fireproof" I am on day 2. Its a very good book, beautiful words and wonderful advice. I would suggest it to anyone who is married, even if your marriage is in good shape, its an emotional read, and I really feel it could help all of us be better at being a wife/husband and better Christians.

Oh, I also wanted to update on our friend Peter, who I asked you to pray for a few posts back. His surgery went well, some bleeding, but he is recovering well and is home and getting stronger every day. Thank you all for the prayers.

Well that's the update, please continue to pray for our blog friends the Lockwoods. Their little boy is still, by the Grace of God, safely inside his Momma's tummy. She will remain in the hospital on bed rest until his birth, which probably won't be long from now, so she really needs your prayers too!

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com