Saturday, April 25, 2009

ER trip

Everyone please say a little prayer for Emma. She is home now, which is good but we spent several hours in the ER after going by ambulance. She had a seizure, which of course she is on medication for, but never has she had a seizure that lasted that long and made her shake so hard. They took her by ambulance and gave her some valium which made her stop shaking.

All her blood work came back ok, so they are just saying its due to her brain. They did up her zonegran medicine she is on. Thankfully they have not put her back on the Phenobarbital as of yet. I hope she doesn't have to be on it. She was awake for about only 4 hours a day when she was on that stuff. Its a quality of life issue for us, how can she enjoy life is she is asleep that much? Of course we don't want her brain hurt further by a seizure so if they decide to put her back on it, then we will do so and just deal with her being sleepy.

So things are ok for now. No reason to think they won't stay ok too since they upped her medicine.

2 comments:

Laura said...

WHEW!

My heart was in my chest when I read the title of your post.

I am so glad you are at least home now and the "seizure monster" has stopped. I know how scarey it is.

Praying for you Emma, praying for your mommy and daddy as well.

Laura - Wall.e's mommy

Laura said...

Just wanted to check in before I head home.. As my daughter would say "lets behonest" I checked in many times during the night as I was working.

Hope it was a peacful and restful night for all. Most of all Emma is seizure free.

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Laura - Wall.e's mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com