Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Daniel's "angelversary"


One year ago today, the world lost one of the most precious little angel boys that ever lived. Daniel aka Homer.

I have been thinking all week, that I need to blog on here today about him. About how special he was to Emma and to our family. But today I find myself sitting here, no words able to come to me that would even begin to explain how much we loved him, or how much we miss him.

Yet underneath our sadness today is another emotion I didn't expect to feel. Pride. Pride in his parents. I am so proud of their strength over this last year, they have amazed me beyond words. I can't begin to imagine how hard it has been for them, yet through it all they have managed to be there for me, and for others. They went to see Emma for surgery and Val when he had surgery and just got back from visiting little Jay when he needed the support. How awesome are they!?

I want to wrap my arms around them and cry and tell them how sorry I am that they feel such pain and that their little boy is gone. Then another part of me wants to pat them on the back and congratulate them for making it though this first year without him. Times have been so very tough for them, yet they have survived. For that I do congratulate them.

Today should be a day of happiness and joy, to celebrate the life of an amazing little boy. We are planting a garden today for him, and I will post some pictures later. So please remember him today, say a prayer for his parents and hug your loved ones a little bit tighter.

I will never let go of the most important thing he ever taught me, and that is how to love and how to accept others for who they are. He and Emma have both taught me life is precious and a gift. Thank you so much Daniel, I miss you and love you forever and always.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Wishing I had words, but I think you know my heart.

I hope the seeds that JB sent to Emma arrived!

Praying you heal a little bit more today as you plant the garden for Angel Daniel.

Praying for your family and his.

Wall.e's Mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com