Sunday, February 08, 2009


Hi everyone. We are hoping that some of our readers can help us reach our goal in our March for Babies walk which is in May. We always try to fundraise early, because it never fails that we are pinching pennies to try to make our goal, if we wait too long.

We almost decided not to walk this year. With the economy the way it is now a days, I know that people don't have a lot of money to spare. Then we thought and thought and realized bad economy or not, babies need our help! Over half a million babies born in the US each year are premature. Something has to be done to help these little ones. I did lower my goal from the previous 4 walks we have done, hoping to reach a small one this year, but would love to surpass that!

As you know the girls were 9 weeks too early. Ella was 3 lbs and Emma was 3 lbs 7 oz. both 15 inches long. Ella spent 41 days in the Neonatal Intensive care unit, and Emma spent 66 days, (I think 66 since the days all ran together back then)We are very lucky many babies are much smaller and many stay months and months in the NICU.

The girls will go and get a preemie award in the preemie parade, its a great feeling to hear everyone clap for them. Its the highlight of our year, and just makes us feel like after all that time we spent worrying, that things are finally ok.

So please click on the above widget or the one on the left of the page, which will stay there to help us. Pass this on to your friends if you know anyone that could help donate.



--------------

I am walking in honor of my twin girls Emma and Ella who were born 9 weeks early and in honor of my nephew Gabriel James Lynn Henson who was born still June 9, 2004. I have walked the last 3 years, and will continue to walk as long as I feel I can help this wonderful cause. Many of you have given to my past walks and I appreciate that deeply. I hope some of you will be able to give again this year, and if you can`t that is fine, I just ask you keep me and the other walker in your thoughts and prayers. Our walk will be May 16th this year at Andrew`s Park in Norman.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FOWARD THIS IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE WILLING TO HELP!


Contributing to my march online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit/debit card or PayPal. If you prefer, I can also accept cash or check. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage.

The money we raise helps save premature and sick babies. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies’ health today, and through March for Babies, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

I’ve joined with millions of compassionate people across the country who support March for Babies each year. Won’t you please help me in this worthy cause? Visit my webpage and sponsor me in the march that saves babies!

With your support, there’s hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lori

GREAT cause!!

I just put in for a cash donation, not sure if I did it right or not?

I put it under my daughters name as she loves to do this sort of thing.

Will sent the funds as soon as we arrive home.

Please let me know if it was done wrong?

Laura

LJR said...

Laura--Looks great, once I recieve your donation I will click it as recieved and it will show up on my ticker! It should have given you my address, which is where payment can be mailed.

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com