Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Toothfairy is coming!/EDIT





Recently we noticed that Emma's teeth were loose, I usually use a toothbrush when doing her teeth and hadn't noticed,(bad Mommy) but was using gauze and it was like they were half way out they were so loose. Well today I was gauzing them and out popped one . I figured the others had to come out and would in the next few days so I went ahead and wiggled them out too. They were all so loose it took less than 1 min total and maybe 2 or 3 slight wiggles each and they fell out. All 5 of her baby teeth she had are gone.

Now I shouldnt be proud her teeth were knocked out due to her toungue pushing them (she doesnt shut her mouth good, tounge protruds) but i am proud, she didn't flench once, I thought if she did or cried or her pulse ox went up even 2 points on her heart rate I would stop. Nope. She did good and my big girl gets to get lots and lots of money from the tooth fairy.

She will go to the dentist hopefully this week, they were trying to get her in anyway, finding someone who took medicad and could see her some time other than 4 months from now! Now we have en excuse to get in sooner. I knew I had to get those enamel knocked ones out since it is memorial day tomorrow no way would we get to be seen.

Here is a pic of her teeth. Keep in mind at 3 you should still have teeth and the roots don't shorten like they do say in a 6 year old who's teeth are naturally loose that way, hers are baby baby teeth and would not have been ready to come out if it weren't for that pesky toungue. I can't believe she was in no pain, I am wondering if perhaps the nerves/roots died a long time ago or something? Her gums are swollen from her phenobarbital too so maybe that is part of it?



Update--Emma got 5 golden dollars and a beautiful note from the tooth fairy. She isn't sure what she will do with her money, maybe save it.





0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com