Tuesday, May 13, 2008

PT and grocery shopping






Emma went to PT today, after really long break of not going thanks to waiting on insurance approval to go back this year. She did ok, we spent most of the day trying to figure out what to do with her hips. They are terrible. I can barely get her in a bathtub anymore and you have to turn sideways to go through a door. Her therapist Amy said she was pretty sure they are sliding in and out of the socket when we move them. It doesn't seem to hurt Emma, she yelled a little bit but I was shocked not to get the response I thought I would out her over something like that.

So braces for her hips and possibly surgery are in store. We have to see a dr then another one most likely first. I am ok with the surgery idea, I hate to see her go through that and then be casted but I really want to get her legs fixed. I would hate to do 6 months of braces, with no results and then end up doing sugery anyway. I know that lots of kids hate their braces, I know that her boyfriend Homer hated his.

If surgery is an option I might just push for it soon. It would be nice to get it done in the summer so Derek and Ella could stay at family's house and I could spend all the time with Emma while in the hospital, and Darren wouldn't miss work. We are wanting to get Emma in school in the fall too so I want to get it over with and let her start school. But we do have to wait to get into the drs and those of you who go to alot of drs know that might take a while. We will see. Nothing is 100% for sure about surgery, we just threw that idea around. We won't know anything until we see the dr. All the thearpists are at a loss on what to do with her hips, Poor Amy has tried everything she can think of at this point.

Emma had fun grocery shopping with us yesterday. She has been shopping with us before of course, but this time I took pics because it made MY shopping trip more fun. I hate shopping. Emma did not like the meat section, it was too cold. She liked the candy aisle and the soda aisle. Hmm wonder if I could get M and M's down her mickey button? I know I could get the soda down. LOL

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com