Friday, March 28, 2008

For Emma


Back in my younger days, I was a pretty good writer, not great but good. I enjoyed it very much. Over the years my writing passion has hidden behind kids and PTA meetings, working, and spending time with my husband, dishes and doctors appointments. But tonight I tried to write something for Emma. Its a prose of sorts not really a poem and its not exactly what I wanted it to be but it does a pretty good job of saying what I mean to say so I thought I would share it.


Emma

You can not speak, yet we have spoken a million times
You talk with your heart, and those big brown eyes you got from Daddy
And the two of those, talk louder than the biggest crowd of people

You can not walk, yet we have strolled many a mile in my mind
I see us walking hand in hand skipping and playing and laughing
One day we will do that, if not here on earth, we will in Heaven

You can not dance, yet I have dreamed of a beautiful ballet
One starring you in a fluffy purple tutu and shoes
You will dance one day my love, and I will be there to cheer you on

You are not like the other kids but that is ok
You are more special in every single way
Some see you as "broken" but I see you as whole, because that is what you have made me. Whole.

You are stronger than a lion, more beautiful than the angels
Just the very thought of you makes people smile
And those who are blessed to know you, are better people becasue of it

You can not yell at me when you need my help
You can not say "Momma I need you"
But despite that I will always be there to help, whenever you need me


Your hands can not hold mine unless I help you with them
Once you do hold them though you won't let go
I won't ever let go of you my baby girl, for all eternity I will love you


I asked God to give me a daughter but I think he made a mistake
Not in who you are and what you can do and what you can't
He sent me an angel instead, the most perfect creature I have ever seen

On top of that he sent me two, first my Emma and then little Ella boo
I get so jealous of your twin sister, she is the only one who knew you before you got hurt
Sharing a space inside of me, that only the two of you could know

God sent you here for a reason, and I still haven't figured it out
Was it to make me a stronger Mommy? Or to bless those who know you?
Perhaps it is a bit of both, either one its an honor to be your Mom

My baby girl, you make me so very proud in all you do
And I often find myself wondering what I did to deserve the Honor
of being Called the most beautiful words ever "Emma's Momma".

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com