Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another snowday


Tomorrow will be snowday number 3 for Derek due to all the ice. Which is a good thing, becuase no sooner did I write that sentence, did I have to stop and go check on him. He threw up.I am not sure why, he is half asleep and says he feels fine. I hope that stomach flu is not back for round 3 on our house!

It has been so cold, we have just stayed inside. Not much going on anyway. I did get out and go up to the store yesterday, and it was a slippery walk that is for sure. A few cars were sliding and I saw one truck stuck.

I am so glad we have not lost power, like we did back in Dec of 2007. That was a mess. Tomorrow is supposed to start melting the stuff, I sure hope so. We got about a half inch or so of ice and about 2 inches of solid sleet on top of that. The above pic is of a plow cleaning my street, just right up the road from here. I borrowed it from our news paper. I am not taking any pictures myself right now outside, too cold!

We should have our last w2 this week so we can file taxes. I ask that everyone please pray or send us good thoughts so that we may find an affordable place to move close to where we are now. We need more room. 2 bedrooms for 5 people is no fun. Emma and Ella will be sharing a room with any luck and Derek will have his own. Too many arguments have been caused by him having to share a room with Ella, its time they stop being room mates. I want to stay in this area so we don't have to switch churches and so we stay close to the stores. When you don't own a car you have to think about all the changes involved in moving way across town! I will keep everyone updated on our search as we begin to look in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lori

Sorry it has been a few days, things have been crazy here.

We are going on hour 27 of snow! So far we are under 7 feet of snow. In less then 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear lil man is not feeling so well, I hope the flu is not on the way back.

Praying you find a house close to everything you need. I know it is not easy. Right now we are living with our son and daugheter and law and five grandkids. Crazy.

But will be back into our place soon. Long story why we are here.

Enjoy the weeather with a cup of hot coco.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hope Derek feels better soon. I spent the whole week sick so I feel his pain. We went out and built a snowman today...trust me you aren't missing anything by staying inside except numb fingers (and I've been in for 2 hours now!) wet clothes, and snotty noses! Stay inside, keep warm, and hug and kiss my babies for me!

Anonymous said...

Hello

I had a few minutes to check on some of our friends. I am hoping "no news is good news".

I hope Derek is over the bug and no one else caught it.

Keeping all in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com