Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sept 1 2009



Sorry its been so long since we updated. We have been busy! Our dear friend Celeste got married August 16 and Ella was the flower girl, Mommy was a bridesmaid. Celeste is the daughter of my best friend Shevaun who died of lung cancer March 1 2005. It was a beautiful wedding, although very hot, since the air didn't seem to work in the room they were married in at the state capitol.

Ella and Derek have started school. We are keeping Emma home to avoid germs, and its so nice to have alone time with her in the morning, for physical therapy and playing.I guess you could say she is homeschooled, although not in a typcial ABC and 123 kind of way, since she doesn't learn like that. Ella is in pre-k and only goes half day. Derek is in 2nd and goes all day of course.

Currently Ella and Derek are sick with nasty colds and fever. Ella has missed two days of school and Derek one so far. We are hoping they can go back tomorrow but they both sprung fevers again this afternoon so we will see.

We were donated a camera by a new friend so more pictures to come. Its a very nice camera, a Pentax x70 for those who know cameras. I am forever grateful to him for sending it. Right now my laptop is acting up and its our primary computer for picture storage, so it might be a bit until I get it up and running, maybe I can talk Darren into letting me put stuff on his.

Prayers go out to our friends the Lockwoods and the people in the areas around them. Hurricane Jimena is heading there way and will no doubt bring great flooding to their area.

I did attach 2 pics of Ella as Celeste's flower girl. They are pictures someone else took and I kind of "borrowed" them from their facebook page.

I will update again soon, have some pics of our new pet. Another praying mantis! Remember our two last year? This year we got ours as a very young mantis and it has motled for us a few times. Her name is Gummy Bear.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you so much for updating, Lori. I know how busy you are!

Ella you look so pretty! You also look so grown up.

I sure hope Ella and Derek start to feel better soon, and Emma does not catch the nasty bug.

I also love the new look to the blog!

Love you and prayers.

Laura - Wall.e's mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com