Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September 22, 2009

Things have been busy recently so I have not had a chance to update. All good things happening so no worries.

Yesterday Emma got her last 3 immunizations. She did well, only cried 2 little tears. Ella went with us and she held Emma's little fisted hand and told her not to be scared, it was so cute. Afterwards we went to the dollar tree, where Emma got a stuffed doggie for her bravery and Ella got candy for her kindness to her sister.

We went to church this last sunday, it was the first time in I don't know how long. No rain and it wasn't hot so we went. It was nice to get back, and I am hoping we continue to go. But with swine flu being a big scare I am really trying to keep Emma away from crowds, so we will see. Swine flu, what a topic. It really gets me worried. Most of the children who have died from it have under lying problems like lung issues or neurological problems. Sounds a bit like Emma doesn't it? So of course that makes me worry for her. I know that Ella and Derek's teachers are doing all they can to keep the kids well, they have hand gel to use and have been teaching how to cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm and not all over your hands or out in the air. I am still iffy on the shots, I worry they might not be safe. But we will all be getting our regular flu shot on Oct 15.

Derek has joined cubscouts. He is going to the Wichita Moutains for a hike this weekend. I wish we were going with him, but Darren has to work. They will be going to the top of Mt Scott (you can google that if you aren't from OK) which is something I did when I was around Derek's age. I spent quite a bit of time down in that area, since we grew up down there and its a beautiful place. I hope he has fun.

That's the update for now. I am going to work on the blog some, I have been wanting to make a page for some time, where you can click and just get a short summary of Emma's life and what her issues are and read about how awesome she is. That way new people to the blog don't have to read all the old posts to catch up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the lack of updates means you are just to busy to be on.

Derek have a wonderful hike this weekend with all your friends! I am sure you will have lots of fun!

I know how you feel about the "swine flu" Lori. Our daughter is unable to get the flu shot, or the swine flu shot. We will be in lock down! Scary world we live in today.

Sending our love and prayers.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy (yes a name change)

Laura said...

Hello

Just checking in on you and your family, Lori. As it has been a wee bit.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Laura said...

Hello

Was just checking in as I have internet for a wee bit...

Hoping no news is god news. And you are all just enjoying the fall/winter weather.

Love and much prayers.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com