Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 11th


Anyone that knows me in person, knows that this Momma has a very soft spot for Patriot Day. Long story short, I have always been proud of my country, but 9-11-01 was a very scary day for me, never in my life up until that point have I ever been so scared or prayed so hard for people I had never even met. So scared in fact it sent me into labor with Derek, who was stubborn and spent the next 36 hours taking his time!

Remember today is not about buildings burning or planes crashing. Its not about hate and war and getting even. Its about remembering those who lost their lives. 2,966 people died that day, to many of us that is just some number we hear and remember seeing the day unfold on tv. But to 2,966 families it is the day they lost an important person in their lives. Its not just a number. It is life. Life lost due to something that I personally will never be able to forget. I still cry to this day, thinking of how I wept and cried and begged God to save people, to save all of us, to save the world. It felt like Armageddon to me that day, and 36 hours later my son came into this world and like an angel sent straight from heaven, filled my world with goodness again. Let us pray that those 2,966 families can find goodness again. Let us never forget what we lost that day.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com