Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day




Happy Father's day to all the dad's who are reading. Emma wants me to write something, and I am writing it in her point of view,she said "Mommy please won't you type this special thing for Daddy for me" it sounded more like "Squeak squeak gurgle gurgle" but I read between the lines HA HA.

Why I love my Daddy.
by Emma Richards *with help from Mommy*

I love my Daddy because he helped Mommy make me, I am half him. I have his big brown eyes, and girly long eyelashes, I am thankful I will never need mascara. When I was born Daddy came and sat with me in the NICU and held my head in his hand, I liked that, and he rubbed my eyebrows. When I got my trach he told me to be brave and he never left my side.

I love my Daddy because he helped breath life into me, when I stopped breathing when I was a tiny baby and my heart stopped. He did CPR, and gave me the air from his own lungs until help arrived. That makes him my hero.

I love my Daddy because he checks on me at night and kisses me and plays with me even though I am supposed to be asleep. He never complains when he has to change my diaper and he doesn't even mind too much if I drool all over his shirt when he holds me. Anyone that knows me knows, that I make a lot of drool so that really means a lot that he doesn't get mad.

I know my Daddy loves me very much, because he has never given up on me. He and my Mommy do what they think is best, to make my life easier and happier and keep me healthy. Daddy never thought twice when it came to getting me my trach or my ventilator, he just knew its what I needed. I know its hard for him to take care of me sometimes, I can be a real pain with all my bells and whistles but he does it all with a smile and kiss for me.

Most of all I love my Daddy because he takes good care of Derek, Ella, Mommy and me. He works hard so we can have what we need. He is strong and kind and funny and I happen to think he is the best Daddy in the whole wide world. I thank God every day in my prayers for giving me such an awesome Dad.

-----------------
What a sweet daughter I have saying all those nice things. I posted a picture of Darren with Emma when she was little, partly because its one of my favorites, but also becasue I have no recent ones, he tends to hide from the camera!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a wonderful tribute to a great Dad! She is very blessed...Happy Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

Lovely !!!

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com