Monday, November 17, 2008

Just some thoughts on God and church



I remember the excitement and love I felt when I had the lead in the church Christmas play when I was about 8. I remember the passion I felt the day I was baptized, all the things I learned in church growing up. It was like a fire in my heart and was like the most amazing kind of high. A good kind of high.

But nothing compares to the feeling you get when you bring your children closer to God. Taking them to church has given me the most warm feeling in my heart. I have teared up every Sunday, when the lights are dimmed at church for service, and I look over and see Emma all wide eyed and ready to learn. I always hold her hand so she knows I am still there with her, because the music gets loud and they turn the stage lights on and the house lights down.

Yesterday I sat holding her hand, rubbing my fingers over her chubby little fist and it was 10000 times the feelings I have ever felt. It felt like God was sitting right beside me and Emma. When Derek and Ella come running out of Sunday school to tell me what they learned or show me their art, I feel so very proud

I am a sinner, I have done some bad things in my life, but know that God has forgiven me and loves me. I often doubt I even deserve a place in Heaven. I try so hard to do what God wants me to do, and be a good person. But to know I am bringing my children closer to Heaven by bringing them to God, to help teach them to be good moral loving people, that is just a feeling that is almost too hard to describe. Our pastor Justin has said that God doesn't want it to be just about "ME ME ME" but wants us to bring people to God. Just like God told Simon in Luke 5:10 ""Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men." Oh the feelings Simon must have had when he helped teach and bring people to the Lord.

Anyway just some Mommy thoughts, kind of rambling I guess. Emma is getting her hip braces tomorrow. They came Friday and had to make some changes to them. They will help hold her legs together when she is in bed. They are beautiful. They have purple fleecy straps with butterflies on them! The guy who made them, Gary, did a great job guessing at what Emma would like. Butterflies are her favorite, and so is purple. Will try to get a pic of her wearing them soon, if I can ever find that stupid memory stick to my computer! Maybe Nanny will come take some for us, if she ever figures out her camera settings. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful music on your site. I don't have a blog and would have no idea how to put music on it if I did.
But thank you for all of it - I come to your blog to listen even if you don't have a new post.
Have a good day.

Hugs,
Marie
p.s. The one that was my favorite has disappeared. I am sure you change them out regularly.

LJR said...

Actually Marie the song was taken off the site I got it from, I love it too and am going to try to search for it and hope they put it back up soon. Thanks for the compliment, I love our music too. Come and listen anytime, and watch for new posts. I should have one up later today, waiting for some pics from my mom to add with it first.

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com