Friday, September 29, 2006

Botox!! Not just for looking younger.

Here is a nice pic of Emma and Mommy at therapy yesterday. I am going to see about making her video with a few new pictures in it so check back and play it soon! We went to therapy yesterday and it went well. We went to see Dr Wright today. He is weaning her off her Klonopin since its not helping her muscles much and it is making her hair fall out. He wants to do botox in her hips and possibly her hamstring areas, and also another medicine that is injected into the nerve in her biceps for her arms. The botox for her hips and possibly other places will be set up to be done soon but it can take 4-6 weeks to get in for an appointment to do it. They will do it with help of xray and it will involve sticking a needle in her back, touching her bone with it, going just under the bone and injecting the botox. Hopefully it will help us get her legs out straight. He will be giving her medicine to sedate her a little, through her nose since she is such a hard stick for an iv. It sounds really painful but we really think botox is the best choice for her to gain some use of those muscles. I will update when I know more about the date and stuff. She will be sore for a few days after, and will have to have it redone every 3 months or so. I am trying not to get my hopes up and expect a "miracle" of sorts with the shots but they sound very promising. Thanks for checking on Emma, I will update again as soon as I get more info!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are both so cute in that picture, it was one of my favorites! Give my girls some kisses and tell them I can't wait to see them on Saturday!

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com