Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Trying Emma off her ventilator

I have been trying Emma off her ventilator some lately and she has been doing great. Just 15 or 20 mins here and there during the day, since we don't have real weaning orders yet I have to be careful on what she is allowed to do. I will talk to the pulmo doctor when we see him next and hopefully we can try to get her off of it. His orders right now say we can take her off some as long as we are standing right over her, that is a little hard to do with 2 other kids in the house. I have noticed she still has spells where she is not breathing over her vent while she is asleep. I want to get her off the vent long enough to do a sleep study and maybe we can determine she has sleep apnea and that way we only have to have her on the vent while she is asleep. We will see. I just wanted to share with everyone how good she is doing. She has been awake a lot more lately and looking around. She wakes up when our puppy barks or her sister cries or yells. She watched the nurse about half the night last night. She is such a sweetheart.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com