Thursday, June 29, 2006

Emma has her stander


Emma went to physical therapy today and we got her stander. I almost cried seeing her in
an upright position for the first time. She looks really good. I will try to get a picture of her in it in a day or two and post if for you to see. What does a stander do? Well, it will help her straighten her knees and bring in her hips. It will also help her to learn to put weight on her legs. I am so excited about getting her legs straighter and more inward. That way she can wear dresses and not show off her whole diaper! She will be in her stander starting just for 10 mins or so and work up to an hour and possibly more a day. It may take months or years even to get her to be more straight with her legs. I told her if she did a good job I would get her a fancy dress to wear. She seems to like being in it, and only fussed for a little bit. I will have her in it again tomorrow and we will see how things go. Everything else is great. She is resting and was snoring last time I checked.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com