Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Just a little update, not much going on around here. Sunday brought a return to church for Emma since all the snow had melted and her vent battery was replaced. 2 weeks ago I had her all ready to go out the door when we realized her vent battery was completely dead and broken! They replaced it quickly but she still missed.

Sunday also brought super bowl Sunday. We aren't big football fans in our house, unless its the OU Sooners, but Emma sat and watched most of the game while everyone else in the house did other things. Her eyes tell me it was a good game.

Emma is doing pretty good with her new brand and size of trach tube. She does seem to have quite a bit more secretions we have to suction out, but I am not sure if that is due to the tube itself, or the fact that brother and sister just got done having colds, so maybe she has some cold symptoms too.

Ella has been up sized out of her toddler bed and into a twin size bed. A move we really tried to wait until last min. to make since the girls share a room. Poor little Ella's legs finally got to big for her little "baby" bed and she got a real "big girl" bed. Their beds are in an L shape in their room, so we have some floor space left, its not as crowded as I feared it would be but its still a big change. Ella picked out a striped bedset that is really bright and she loves it. I told her she could have any one at walmart and she picked that over tinkerbell or barbie, what a big girl!

It is really cold here and we are longing for spring and park visits, Emma wants to wear her famous hippo croc shoes again and play outside. We had some snow yesterday but nothing stuck, thankfully.

That's the update, see I told you there wasn't too much going on around here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

Good Morning

Seems like forever that I have stopped in! Thank you for all the love and support. It means so much to all of us.

Emma - I am glad to hear your new trach is working out well. Do you know what Tinkerbell calls a vent? She calls a vent a breather! I think it is pretty cute!

Ella - Way to go on moving to a big size bed. I bet you love your new sheet set and blankets. I was surpsies as well when our daughter did not ask for tinkerbell bedding she wanted Fancy Nancy! Do you like fancy Nancy?

Derek - I was wondering how school is going? I hope it is going well and you are enjoying it.

Lori - Thank you so much for stopping in. I know how busy you are as well. but the messages really do help a great deal. We think of your family often and you all mean a great deal to us as well!

Will try to stop in again sooner then later. Love and prayers.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Laura said...

Hello

It is just after 2:00am here. I was hoping to see new update and just maybe some new pictures.

I know more often then not at your end now news is good news. But I enjoy hearing what is going on, becuase I care, deeply!

I was doing a bit of cleaning and found a few things Tinkerbell made. She use to sew many moons ago so it seems.

I found 3 dresses. They looked as if they would fit Emma and Ella. I asked tinkerbell if she wanted to send one to each of the girls and she nodded her little head yes.

If this is okay with you Lori let me know and I will get them in the mail. After she picks out what color goes to who.

Love and prayers

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com