Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day


Sorry there has been no blog update for a while. Not much going on. We have been sticking close to home, since swine flu is going around we don't want Emma to get sick. But we are starting to venture out to some not so crowded places.

Last week we went as a late mother's day gift, to one of my favorite eating places. We went a little early and avoided the crowd. There were only 2 other tables full when we got there. The waitress remembered Ella and Emma from our last trip a few months back, I am surprised since that was the only other time we have taken the girls. She even remembered their names! It was yummy food and we had a pretty ok time.

Emma is excited to watch nascar today, it got rained delayed last night which made her a little bummed out. But she did manage to watch the Indy 500 and some Red Wings Hockey so the day wasn't a total loss. HA HA. She is still sleeping, and has to get up and in her chair so she can watch it with me. I think she is cheering for Tony Stewart today, but don't tell anyone in our extended family, they are all Jeff Gordon lovers.

I remember our big cook out last year on Memorial day, it was so fun. But its hot and I am not in the mood to get outside today, and worry if Emma over heats she could have a seizure. So its a day of nascar and eating lasagna tonight Yummy.

So on the topic of Memorial day I found this poem I thought I might share. Please remember those who gave their lives for your freedom today, and those still serving to protect you today. God Bless Emma's Uncle Jay, Uncle Adam, and friends who serve (too many to list but you know who you are) Also thinking of the families left behind and hoping today they will know that we do not forget.

--------------

The poppies blow

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

~Written by John McCrae~

2 comments:

Wall.E said...

WAKEYs WAKEYs

YIPPIES! You gots new words.

No no! It go be Dale Jr, you gots all wrongs Emma.

I mailed you pressy. It prize (surprise).

You see my care bear page to? Really really please.

Loves Emma

Huggers.

Wall.E (mommy typed)

Anonymous said...

Hello

I have been checking in almost daily (as I always do).
I do hope no news is good news and you are all just enjoying spring.

I just have nto had time to leave messages, to many appts.

Know that we are always praying for you here.

Laura - Wall.E's mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com