Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Dog Violet






I was going through pictures to put together a Christmas card, and found a bunch of the kids I loved, I have narrowed it down and ordered the cards. So while looking through I found a bunch of our dog Violet and it dawned on me, I don't think I have ever talked about her here. So I thought why not post some pics and talk about her a bit.

Violet was born March 11, 2006. She came to live with me right around mother's day that year, she is a combined birthday/mother's day gift for me. I don't know why she is MY dog, her and Ella are inseparable. She is an Australian Cattle dog. She is pretty smart, she can sit and shake hands and lay down on command. She barks at strangers, but is pretty much like a big cat here at home, she thinks she is a lap dog, even though she probably weights about 50 lbs.

The night I brought her home I thought being a cattle dog she might chase the kids. But Ella chased her! Around the coffee table a few times and has not stopped playing with her since, she is her buddy. Ella tries to ride on her like a horse, and pulls her ears and Violet just comes back for more! LOL

Anyway the kids want Santa to bring her a new pink water bowl and food bowl for Christmas, and think she needs a stocking. I told them we would see!

Above are the pics, and yes the one with me I do have red hair. It was back in April when I thought being red for a while would be fun. It was kind of too orange though.

2 comments:

 The Morris Family said...

O... so sweet and looks like a LARGE lap doggy!!! :) How fun for the children to have her inside when its so cold, gives them something to do like with ours!! Bethany and all of us actually are sure enjoying the new little Dooley, he is so tiny right now but boy he can scrap with Duffy!! Thanks as always for stopping by. If you get bored, come see us!!
Cindy

Besh said...

Violet is so cute!! She looks like she's a real sweetheart as well.

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com