Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas came early for us





So we went to went to the inlaws last night to do Christmas early since Emma's uncle Adam is home from Iraq but has to return before Christmas. We had a nice time, and Emma liked sitting in her Grandmother's little red rocker.

We got so many gifts its hard to list. Each kid got a nice new outfit and a few toys and movies. I got a day spa gift certificate good for a haircut and style and pedicure! I got a make up set, which is nice because I don't normally wear make up at all but sometimes its nice. Emma is wearing the lipstick in some of the pictures. I thought it was cute to put it on her. Oh and we also got a new digital camera so you know what that means, more pics on my posts!

A family friend brougt her kids and Ella got to hold her daugter Auroa. Its the first baby Ella has ever held, and it was adorable. She talked to her and thought it was so funny when the baby started to rub her hair.

Its supposed to turn icy and cold and be a generally icky week. I am praying its not as bad as it was last year where we lost power for a week. No fun at all, and a bit scary when you have a child who needs power. Thankfully we were able to stay with family.

4 years ago yesterday Emma got her trach. I forgot about the "anniversary" until today. People ask me "Wow did you think 4 years later she would still have it?" and you know what, I have never thought about it. She has a trach because she needs it, and if she needs it forever so be it. I don't look in the future and wonder things like that, she is who she is in this moment and that is all fine with me.

1 comments:

Shylent said...

Sounds like a good time - especially receiving the spa treatment !! WOOHOOO !
Emma looks like such a big girl sitting in that cute little red rocking chair :o)

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com