Saturday, December 06, 2008

Grandpa and Grandma come to visit

We had a very nice visit today with Grandpa and Grandma. I am so glad they came down from Kansas. We don't get to see them as often as I would like, between us not having transportation up there, and them working as hard as they do. So every visit with them is special.

I took Emma off her vent for a few mins and Grandma got to her hold with her new and improved legs. I don't think she even drooled on Grandma but she sure drooled on my arm when I picked her up. No fair. I put her back on her vent and then was going to let Grandpa hold her a little later but she started having issues breathing. Nothing terrible. Her oxygen sats just dropped down into the upper 80's for a few seconds like they have been when she was sick. So we had to lay her flat on her bed and she breathed much better, so Grandpa didn't get to hold his sweet pea, but that is ok he gave her lots of kisses. Sometimes Emma just breaths better laying down than sitting up.

Derek and Ella got to show Grandpa the game called "Jump all over Emma's bed since she is her wheelchair, and lets see how many times we can almost jump the blanket off the bed!" LOL they were little hyper kids, I swear. Show offs. They had fun though.

We did find out that Emma's other Aunt, Aunt Kayla (Daddy's step sister) is having a baby too! So now Emma will be getting 2 new cousins thanks to Aunt Kayla and Aunt Amanda. Apparently they already told Darren but he being the forgetful husband he can be, forgot to tell me! I am excited for her, she is a good girl ummm I mean woman sorry. I have known her since she was about 9 or 10, I can't hardly imagine her grown up and having a baby. She has had some rough times in her life, but is doing wonderfully now and I am so happy her life is beginning to turn around, and I know she is trying so hard, and am proud of her.

We put up our Christmas tree last night, its all blue and silver and a few white balls. Beautiful new silver star on top, it doesn't' light up though and I am not used to that. We have one non-blue, silver or what ornament. Its a homer Simpson one, and I got it in memory of Daniel. Its on the side closes to Emma's bed so she can see it at night when she lays down. I tucked a picture of Daniel in her stocking too, because I know that is all she wants for Christmas, for him to be back here. I wish that could be possible, I know his Mom and Dad are going to miss him so much this year.

So that's the update for now, the in laws told me today the appreciate me keeping the blog up, so they can get updates on all of us, so I guess that means I do have readers ha ha and that I should do my best to updated it more. I will try.

Still no new pics, still no memory stick for my camera, its has vansishes and I need to get a new one. We are considering getting a new camera all together for Christmas

2 comments:

Shylent said...

Sounds like you all had a great visit ! Too bad Emma wasn't able to properly pass out her snuggles with everyone , but I am glad she is breathing better now.
I hope you are able to share pictures of your tree before the holidays come to an end, it sounds beautiful.

Juliette said...

I'm glad everyone had fun with grandpa and grandma. Grandparents are the best!

By the way...I've given you an award if you wish to play along.

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com