Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We have a together legged girl!







Emma got her casts off yesterday. Its like miracle, it truly is. She has together legs! They still bend at the knee some, so they are not super straight but, they are together! She did not much care for the saw they used to cut them off, it made her cry and make really ugly faces. But she made it, and was so brave. When I picked her up to put her back in her chair when they were done, it was like I was holding a new child. I didn't know where to put my hands or how to support her, she was all umm...well she was diffrent!

Xray was nice, they gave her a beanie baby, she liked that. Everyone was so nice to us and despite the fact we spent 6 hours getting it all done if you count the bus ride, it was a very nice day.

Her new wheelchair is here too! They will bring it by the house tomorrow, perfect timing since the casts are gone. I will take pics when it gets here.

Thanks so much for all of your support during her surgery/recovery it has meant so much to us. The prayers were greatly appreciated, and they were answered by God, we have a straight legged girl! I can even make her knees touch now! And I put her in bed and looked at her and she had her legs crossed at the ankle, I think its the first time she has ever done that! Thank you so much Dr Davey!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so good! It's amazing what doctors can do. It will be like a whole new world for her... and you too! I'm sure you'll get used to holding her differently. Congratulations on it going so well!!!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my site.
I appreciate the prayers for Caitlyn.

I see those purple casts you were talking about.
Very nice...it's a good color ;)

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com