Monday, September 15, 2008

Rough night...


At 5am this morning, I woke up to an unusual sound. Emma was crying! She has cried lots before but never woken me up crying, it isnt like her. Her cry is a gurgly, airy yell through her trach. I heard it over the baby monitor I keep on high right by my ear, but when I got to her room she was pretty darn loud without the monitor.

So I and suctioned her trach thinking that might help, but it didn't. Her heartrate was 170 which is very high for her. So I changed out her trach too just to make sure her air way was good. I took her "numbers" (temperture) and they were fine. Diaper was dry, no signs of anything rubbing her our making her mad. I sat with her and talked to her and made sure she could see her picture of Daniel, her angel but that didn't help either.

I am thinking her legs must have been hurting her so she got some valium and some motrin. She still has pain medicine but I thought the valium alone would help and some motrin. It seemed to do the trick, she is still out. She has been doing good for about a week with no meds but I guess she was having some spasms. Poor baby, it was so sad. I hate it when she cries, it breaks my heart.

So I think it will be bedrest today for her, too much moving around this weekend must have made her sore. She is sleeping anyway, when she wakes up we might put her on the couch to see tv for a while, but no going out and having any wild parties!

2 comments:

Trey and Jen said...

Hope you are doing better Emma! We are happy to meet you and your family. Jennifer, mom to Nathan, 5 years old, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type 1, and Owen, 1 year old, SMA free and healthy

Juliette said...

I'm sorry to hear that Emma had a rough night. I hope the days ahead are much better. She is adorable.
Julie

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com