Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quick update

Hello everyone sorry I haven't updated since Emma has been sick but summer time has been keeping us busy.

Emma's infection is all gone. Thankfully! I really wish we could keep her from geting these dumb old things but apparently people who don't move around a lot and have poor circulation can just get it from time to time.

All is well, not much to talk about. Just counting down the days until we get our hips fixed! Dreading the cast Emma will be in. Things as simple as a diaper change will become a chore. We are trying to plan out things as early as possible, and get things prepared. School starts the day after her surgery so getting Derek off to first grade might be rough for the first few days but we will manage.

I have appointments set up in early Aug. so Emma can visit all her doctors and be in tip top shape for her surgery. We are seeing the tummy doctor, the lung doctor and hopefully her normal doctor too. That way we run into no surprises.

Tonight Daddy is going to be home from dinner, his normal shift is 1pm to 10pm so he misses dinner but Sat is a day shift for him. We are making bison burgers and reg. hamburgers. Not sure the kids will like bison. Not much else planned just hopefully a quite evening at home.

3 comments:

Juliette said...

Hi,

I found your blog through the CFHusband's blog. I noticed you were from OK and thought I'd stop and read for a while. Your little Emma reminds me a lot of my sweet little girl. I hope Emma gets to feeling better soon. She sure is cute.

Julie
Also from OK

 The Morris Family said...

I was thinking of you all the last few days. WOW!!!, bison burgers, ya'll are ahead of the Morris' now on burgers!! So glad Emma is doing better. Your still welcome to come out if it will work for your schedule, keep us posted! Thanks for always checking on us!!
Cindy
How is Daniel's mommy doing, hope ok!!

Susan said...

I'm glad to see you're all doing okay. I've missed you on the trach forum. I'm excited for Emma that she's going to get her hips fixed. Let me know if you need any tips with the spica cast.

Susan

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com