Sunday, May 21, 2006

Walk America 2006


Yesterday Emma and Ella as well as myself and my twin sister took part in Walk America for the March of Dimes. Our team so creatively named "Double Trouble" raised $304 dollars. Emma went and it was her first big outing. Despite the 100 degree heat she stayed cool in the shade and had a fun time. She likes getting attention! Boy did she ever get a bunch. They announced the girls names on stage and they got to walk across and get clapped for. They walked over a small bridge in the park called the "Bridge of Miracles" and I almost cried when I realized people were standing and cheering for them and the other preemies. What a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma-

Thank you for letting Mimi join in on your Walk America Walk with you this year. I can't wait until next year! I loved it when everyone clapped when we strolled by. They were all clapping for you and Ella! You did so good on Sunday and I am very proud of you baby girl. I love you!

Mimi

LJR said...

Thank you Mimi and you are welcome to come walk with me anytime

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com