Sunday, December 13, 2009

Update

Sorry I didnt update as I said I would,yesterday and the day before were kind of busy and I didn't make it down to use the computer. Today Dad is here and I have the netbook here for a while.

Still bleeding, and still no new answers. They discountined her seizure medicine because it can cause ulcers, maybe that is our answer but they don't think so for whatever reason.

Friday we got an ultrasound of the kidneys done. They look fine, as do the spleen and liver, which they had tested earlier in the week.

Her heartrate was high again yesterday, but labs all look good. They wondered if she was in pain, but she seemed very content so I don't think she was. So today we are doing a CT of tummy and intestines (I think both spots), we are just waiting for them to take her down and to give her some barium

Tomorrow they will be doing a RBC nuclear scan or Red blood cell scan. If her bleed is big enough it will show us where its at, but both the doctor and the radiologist think her bleed is small, so doubt it will show much. The next step will be to scope her again down the mouth and check to see if the ulcers they found her tummy or bleeding, if not they will go into the intestine to look, which is a surgical thing. We have wanted this done all week and frustrations are high because every day she has bloody diapers and everyday we get told to wait and see if the medicine they have coating her stomach works.

Please pray we will get answers soon so we can go home.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you for taking the time to update Lori..

I am so sorry to hear there are still no answer to Sweet Emma

I so wish doctors would listen to "us" mommy's. As we know our children best, but they seem to think they know best.

Keep pushing, I know it is easier said then done! I have walked those shoes 1 million times and still am this very minute.

Praying you get answers you need today, and no OR is needed.

Keep being brave and strong Emma. We know you are!

Love and hugs.

Tinkerbells mommy

joan's blessings said...

Lori, I have been praying for you and emma...and worried that we hadn't heard from you...still praying they can find the problem...and for your family at home :)
joan & hannah grace

Anonymous said...

Lori Im so sorry this is drawing out for you. Hopefullt the doctors will get off their fannys and find out what's going on, and get it stopped! We'll be praying for you. Deb

Anonymous said...

sweet baby girl, hang in there. I am so proud of you for being so brave and strong. I have asked little emma to watch over you and to be with you. I know she will take good care of you. Give mommy some great big hugs from me. I am just worried to death about you and cant stop thinking about you being in that icky place. It really is breaking my heart. I wish i could be there with you and hold your little hand so tight like i used to do with my princess....i love you so much big emma, hang in there!!!

xoxox cristina, matt, baby caleb, and angel princess boo (aka, emma mae)

Laura said...

Wanted to you to know I was thinking of you and Emma.

Praying each passing day is a little better.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Laura said...

Thinking about you.

Hope Emma is on the home strech now.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com