Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Some exciting news...

Found out the other day that we are getting company for Emma's surgery. My friend Donna (Mommy to angel Daniel aka Homer, Emma's little boyfriend who passed away in April) and her husband Brian are driving all the way from MI to be with us for the surgery! I am so excited. They are leaving MI on the 14th so they can get here in time to play with Emma and love on her before her surgery. They plan on leaving to go home about the 23rd.

I am so excited for them to get to meet Emma for the very first time. I can't wait to see her getting kisses from Donna, who we have nicknamed Momma2, because we teased her that "Mother in Law" was a name for those no one liked, so she is Momma2. Emma and Daniel never met but had a very strong bond, and they brought Donna and Brian into our lives and for that I am truly thankful. They are family to us and always will be.

Emma had an appointment on Monday with her stomach doctor, who upsized her mickey button (feeding tube) because it was leaking just a touch. No big deal, take the old one out and put in a bigger size, it took all of 2 mins if that. They did it with Emma in her wheelchair and just leaned her back a bit so she didn't leak anything out on her stomach when they did the change. Emma didn't quite know what to make of doing a wheelie in her wheelchair!

All is going smoothly and just as planned for surgery on the 19th. Our next hurdle is her pulmo appointment (lung doctor) on the 13th. He has to clear her for surgery, I see no problem in that.

Thanks everyone for checking out our blog from time to time. I plan on updating often during the surgery time and if I don't I will get my sister Lisa to, so everyone knows how things are going.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com