Friday, February 18, 2011

Update on brother and sister's school happenings

 Last night we went to parent teacher conference, my sister came and watched the kids for me. We did Ella's then walked to get an icee and then went to Dereks. Here is what I found out:

Ella is branching out and playing with more children, not just her best friend anymore. She is learning more numbers and letters and her teacher is excited to see if her reading gets better now that she has glasses and can see. She is a good girl in class and is very well behaved.

Derek is his teacher's little helper. The class printer is broken so he runs to another class to get printed things for her. She said he does lots of stuff for her and that if she let him he would probably teach the class! LOL  He now does all his work AND turns it in, he used to hide his work in his desk! He tested on a 7th grade level for reading and 5th for spelling, even though he is in 3rd grade. His teacher said he goes the library almost daily, the librarian told me the same thing, I kind of already figured that. His teacher said he is doing awesome. They take standardized tests in April which will hopefully help place him in Gifted and Talented if he does well, since the gifted and talented test alone does not for some crazy reason. They tested him 2 times a year since he started school and every teacher is shocked he hasn't been accepted to the program yet. So the CRT tests will help with that. He is also well behaved and the teacher really seems to enjoy having him in class.

Emma got to sit with me and talk to the teachers, they both thought she was cute, despite the drool that kept running out of her mouth. She was like a faucet yesterday. She made a promise not to tell brother and sister anything the teacher said that might be "bad" but they had no bad things to say!  

Emma got new hair bows from Nanny and Poppy for Valentines and she wore a red one yesterday. Today is shopping day so not sure what bow she will end up wearing, she looks so pretty in all of them. Every time I take her out now people flock to us to look at her and tell me how cute she is. What can I say, I make cute babies. Oh yea I forgot Emma is a big girl now. We are trying to move away from cute "Baby" type stuff because she is 6 now and getting grown up. 

Thanks for reading, I will keep trying to find things to update about. 

1 comments:

Tinkerbells Mommy said...

Derek - WOW!! I wish I did that well in school way-way back then. Keep up the great work, then again I don't think anyone has to tell you that.

Ella - Glad to hear you are making new friends this year. It is always fun to have mroe then one friend to play with.

Emma - I bet your hair looks so pretty in bows! Our Tinkerbell has head bands with bows and she really likes those!

Sending love and prayers to all!

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com