Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8-24-2010

Wow its been a long time since I updated here. Not much going on with Emma she is just hanging out enjoying life. Derek and Ella started school, Derek is in 3rd grade this year and Ella is in all day Kindergarten. That means its just me and Emma all day long! All the fun stuff we can do without interruption now. I am researching things to hopefully start music therapy with her soon, she loves music and I figured it would be a good way for her to learn things. I will be homeschooling her so I figure the more things I can do with her the better. Here are two pictures I took of Emma yesterday, hope you enjoy them. I will try to update more as we home school and look for new ideas on things to do with Emma, if anyone has any therapy tips or ideas for me let me know! She can't really use a pencil or talk but she hears well and learns though touch I think, and of course we are working with her physical therapy and trying to keep her muscles as lose as we can. She likes to get her massages and work out every day with me, its fun for me too!

3 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

She is such a pretty girl! :) I hope homeschooling goes well. I don't have any experience with it, wish I had some suggestions.

Tinkerbells Mommy said...

Hello

Love the new picture, Emma, just to cute for words!!

I agree you need to update more Lori, But I know how things can get!!

Have you tried placing differnet textures of things in a bin on Emmas tray? Noodles, felt pieces, lego blocks ect? For her to feel?

What about water for her to splash her hands in? or her feet?

Finger painting?

Those are just a few ideas that pop into my head right now.

Hope Derek and Ella are enjoying school!!

Love, Hugs and prayers

Tinkerbells mommy

CCHSKID said...

Love your pictures! I am a young adult now, but was homeschooled for junior and senior high, and it was one of the best decisions my mom ever made. I am also trached and on a vent 24/7 like Emma. I have CCHS, and my brain "forgets" to breathe. Just wanted to encourage you in your decision to homeschool!

Deborah
http://kids-with-vents.blogspot.com/

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com