Friday, November 13, 2009

Nov 13, 2009






Parent Teacher conference for Derek and Ella was this morning. Overall, things went well. Apparently I have 2 smart kids, well mannaered, but one is kind of messy, that would be Derek. He gets that from me, I was the same way as a kid. I was hoping my ability to keep house neat as a grown up and suchwould rub off on him, but apparently not.

Since Emma doesn't go to school, I had a confrence with myself. It went something like this. TeacherMe--Emma is doing well with her stretching MommyMe--That is great to hear! TeacherMe--yes but she is so tight on that right side in her arm and her knees need work MommyMe--Oh ok I will work on that, since you guys only work an hour or hour and half a day, I am sure I can find time in my super busy schedule to work in more time. HA HA.

Actually, to update Emma is doing very well, she does tend to stay pretty tight with her right arm, and her knees, but her hips are still doing great since surgery. She learned a new skill, sometimes but not all of the time, when I am kissing her cheek she will turn her head and point her mouth at me and kiss me back, she doesn't puker up just sticks her mouth by mine. Its slobbery and icky wet but its a very great kiss, one of the best kisses ever. She still doesn't make a lot of purposeful movement on her own, and that is one thing she does do so its excites me a great deal. Of course when I want to have her show someone like Nanny or Mimi she won't do it! But dad has seen it, and if I ask really nicely she will usually do it, I will try to make video of it. She spends her days watching tv, listening to music, or having Mommy move her around and read to her. I just got her a new book at the book fair from school, its called "Emma's Very Busy Week" it looks cute.

So no big update, but wanted to post something so I could attach some new pictures of Emma, and a few of Ella I took and love. They are both growing so big, I can't believe they are 5!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori...The second paragraph...I think you're lossing it.

Laura said...

Now Lori..

did anyone really need to tell you how smart your kids are? You already knew and so did I!

I am glad to hear how well they are ALL doing in school.

I love how the interview went with Emma's teacher!!

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

LJR said...

Anonymous--Nah, I lost it a long time ago. LOL. Nothing like a little humor to make life happy

 The Morris Family said...

Hi Lori,
Just wanted to say hi and I have not forgot you!!!!!! Glad all is healthy and smooth, that in itself is a huge blessing! Getting any Christmas stuff out yet??

Stay warm.....brrrrr!!!! Not my kindof weather.

Cindy

Laura said...

Getting a bit worried..

I hope everyone is okay, my last posting is still not posted.

Hope you are all just busy getting ready for CHRISTmas!

Love and many prayers.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com