Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Emma (and Ella too!)







Its so very hard for me to believe that Emma and Ella just turned 3 a few mins ago! My how time has flown. They both seem like very big girls, but to me they will always be my babies. I will never forget the day they were born.

I was laying on the table getting ready for my c-section when it hit me, this was really happening, my girls were finally going to be here! I was so excited and scared all at the same time. It was still 9 weeks to early for them to come. Emma came out first and I had no clue. 10 seconds later they pulled Ella out and I heard her cry. They showed me her over the curtain and she was the tinest thing I had ever seen, so beautiful and perfect. I asked "Did the get the other one out yet" and Daddy said they are working on her. I had no idea Emma had been born first, she was silent. They were breathing for her. About that time they gave me some medicine that made me black out most of the day, but I do remember them showing me Emma all wrapped up on the way to the NICU.

Now when I say blacked out, I wasn't really blacked out. Apparently I was talking and throwing up and asking about the girls, I just have no memory of it. I do remember watching about 10 mins of Nascar that night. I was shocked my husband had remembered to turn it on, I asked him later and he told me I had asked him to put it on, but I don't remember that part at all.

Someone brought me NICU pictures of the girl, not sure if that was the 16th or 17th but the morning of the 17th I walked down and saw them for the first time. They were both so tiny. Ella was 3 lbs and 15 inches long. Emma was also 15 inches long and she weighted 3 lbs 6 oz. They looked like baby monkey's both were laying on their tummys and I remember seeing their skinny little shoulder blades and neither one of them seemed to have a bottom at all, a tiny little diaper was on them, no bigger than a maxi pad. They were hooked up to all kinds of machines, but I never felt scared. I kind of felt at peace next to them. In that warm NICU with the dim lights and all those cozy sleeping babies. I remember hurting from my physical pain, but my heart never hurt for the girls. Maybe because I was a preemie too, but I think it was God sending a sense of peace over me, so I could be there for my girls.

I held Ella about a week or two later. Emma well, I held Emma for the first time, really held her the day after Thanksgiving, the day Ella went home.

Since then of course, Emma has had all kinds of issues and is on her vent, but I thank God that we are blessed to share another birthday with her. The big 3. Ella told me before she went to bed "Mommy I free." lol. She is free yours old. My babies are free years old, and they are two best princesses in the world.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com