Friday, July 27, 2007

Doctor visit today



A few days ago Emma broke out with little boils on her shoulder and the back of her little head. She skipped physical therapy yesterday, since we were not sue what it was, we didn't want to pass it along to someone.We had to make a trip to the doctor today to have them check her out

First of all she weights 29 lbs now, which means she is really not gaining weight at all now, I guess that is good since they don't want her putting too much on too quickly.

She has a simple skin infection, nothing serious. They gave me some bactroban cream for it, which is an antibacterial medicine. They also gave me some more eye drops since her eyes were matting again.

I am glad about one thing today, they gave me something new to try for her eczema. Its the first time they said "eczema" when talking about her face and shoulders and I was so excited, they normally tell me its just dry skin. They gave us elidel cream. I hope it works for her. Some people say its great, but I hear mixed reviews. It does say on the sheet that comes with it that "long term safety of this medicine is unknown, rares cases of cancer....blah blah." Cancer! That is freaky, but I am sure we won't have to use it forever and ever. It will be nice to get her face all pretty and not all ready and flaky and icky.

We had a fun trip on the bus, Emma slept the entire time, and at the doctor, and all the way home. She is over eating and of course now that we are home she is wide awake. Little stinker.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com