Friday, June 22, 2007

Its Offical


Well its offical folks, Emma's botox for her hands is working! I am so excited. I cry almost everytime I look at her hands. I thought her night nurse DeLene was going to get choked up last night too.

They used to be in super tight fists. Those of you who have tried to hold her hand know how difficult it was. Now you can slide your fingers up under hers with ease. She is in more of a C shape now with her hands, they are not all the way open but they are getting better. They are so much more relaxed too. They feel diffrent, they look diffrent, they are so very sweet. Her hands have not been sweaty and stinky at all the last 3 days.

Last night I got to do something I had not done since her NICU days. I got to kiss the palm of her hand. She kind of cupped it around my mouth, it was funny. Her hands are so soft and so pretty.

Its botox +5 days and they said we would start seeing improvement in about a week, so I ask that you continue to pray for her and think of her and hope they continue to improve. I feel silly asking for more improvement when we already have seen some but I its like a drug now, I got a little taste of success with them and now I want more! :-)

Most parents get to brag when their child starts crawling or walking or gets potty trained. I have not got to do that with Emma, and it sure feels like to brag now. WAY TO GO EMMA LOUISE!!!!! WHAT A BIG GIRL!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Amy Ritchie said...

yeah!! happy to hear about the good results. I hope it continues to improve.

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com