Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


I am sure many of you are wondering if we made it to church in the rain today. Of course we did! I would not have missed it for anything.

We did end up walking in the rain, but had a dry walk home thankfully. We wore raincoats and used an umbrella, and covered Emma's vent and battery in plastic. Emma's hair got really wet, but it made it crazy curly which was adorable. I do think I ruined my good dress shoes, and did have to sit through church with soaking wet feet but it was worth it. I figure if Jesus loved me enough to die for me and rise again then the very least I could do is get my kids to church on Easter even if it was raining.

The band dedicated a song to Emma, which made me cry. They said how she was a good girl who sat in the front row and we turned around and I helped Emma wave. It was beautiful and she enjoyed it.

So many people were baptized today, and it sure made me think of the day I was baptized, and my heart was just beaming thinking of it. I was so happy for those who were "getting dunked" today because I know how wonderful they are feeling, and it is such an awesome thing.

We also did Lord's Supper (Communion for those who choose to call it that) Emma was able to take it with my help, and its the very first time she has ever done it. Again, I teared up. I was so proud of her. As they talked about what it signified she really listened, and I said a prayer in my head and whispered to her what it meant so I was certain she understood. What a wonderful thing, I got to do with my daughter. She is learning in her heart what it means to follow God and be a good Christian. I know she can't tell me things, but I think in her heart and mind she is talking to God a lot, and that she is doing right by him. Its a great feeling to know that, that my daughter has a special relationship with God, only one he and her understand.

Derek and Ella had fun in Sunday school. They got some candy and learned all about what Easter means. I am surprised at how much Derek talks about things and understands them, that makes me proud too.

When we got back the "Easter bunny" had hidden eggs inside our house. The kids got a basketball, and some books. Emma's book is all about Jesus and children, she likes it. Yes, we do eggs at our house, but we also make sure our kids know the true meaning of Easter.

Taking the kids to Easter services for the first time, will be something I never forget. My heart is just full of happiness today! I hope everyone else is having a blessed day.

2 comments:

BriInspirational said...

That is truly wonderful Lori. Getting to church despite the environmental circumstances says a lot about you. I am so happy Emma got to share the experience of taking communion. (If you took pics, post them, I would love to see!)
I agree It is important for our children to know that there is so much more to this day than chocolate bunny rabbits and colored eggs. I hope they had a great day all in all !

Wheelchair Hiker said...

Thank you for sharing about your
wonderful day. Happy Easter

God Bless,

Mark

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com