Thursday, October 18, 2007

In Honor of a very courageous family



Many months ago we asked you to pray for our 'friend' Joel. He sadly did not make it and left this world in Jan. His parents have a blog and I suggest everyone check it out, their story is so very touching. Even after the doctors declared him brain dead they did not give up the fight to take their son home, they knew he was not gone, like the doctor said. He was still there, his heart was beating. He was alive. His heart finally stopped and he went to be with Jesus in Jan.

Well his family has a video out and I was lucky enough to get a copy. It was the most amazing video, about life I have ever seen. Their family is so full of love for each other and for God that it was just so heartwarming, and I feel blessed to have seen the video, and to be a part of their lives for the 33 minutes the video ran. They talk about the sanctity of life.

I cried, the entire time I watched it. It reminded me so much of the battle we have had with Emma, though ours was not a battle near as long and hard as theirs. It makes me hug her tighter, and I know even more now that her life is worth living, that life is important. Life means something, every life, and we should all fight for our children, and for their right to live it.

I just want to ask everyone to remember them in your prayers, they are always in mine.

0 comments:

Contact us via email at:
emmaandmommy@yahoo.com